EIRICH Process Technology for Production of Electrode Mixes
For manufacturers of lithium-ion batteries, cost savings, quality improvements, and sustainability are key. Gigafactories for battery production place new demands on the processes, in particular when it comes to electrode production. The quality of the electrodes influences the performance capacity of the storage cells. The production of a first-class electrode mix - slurry plastic body or structured dry mix - is an exacting task. And this is where EIRICH's experience and knowhow come into play.
More advantages of EIRICH mixing technology include:
- Easy scale-up
- Sustainable process
- High-performance batteries
- Continuous coater supply
- Clean turnkey solutions
- Future-oriented concepts
Contact us to learn more!
The Machines and Systems
The machines and systems are configured to meet the user’s specific requirements, e.g. production range, capacity and degree of automation:
- Free selection of the kind of carbon carrier (graphite or soot), lithium salt, and of the way to process the other raw materials
- Lithium salt can be added to the mix as a dry material or dissolved in the suspension
- The solvents with a suspension of PTFE fibers and water or organic solvents (e.g. isopropanol)
- The silo bottom ends are provided with a flanged rim and can easily be extended by cylindrical silo segments.
- The silos are fed as specified by the customer, e.g. from Big Bags, sacks or pneumatically
- Plant output rates are optimized by selecting the optimally suited mixer.
EIRICH preparation systems are manufactured according to a modern, modular design concept which offers decisive advantages over conventional systems:
- Little floor space required on locally prepared foundations
- Pre-assembled and function-tested modules enable the system to be installed and commissioned in extremely short time
- The applied technology guarantees the highest paste quality and exact reproducibility.
- The state-of-the-art control systems comprise all the necessary safety, self-testing and logging functions.